Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas?

What a WEIRD few months!

For Mister Luke- I am now 30 weeks 4 days. Which means almost 31, which means 8 weeks until he's here. The good news... his room is painted and looks AWESOME! Bad news.... well, we don't have furniture, registry for my shower, car seat.... all this kind of snuck up on us during the last few months of stuff around here. We have mooore than enough time. But, probably should get moving on some of that. I'm carrying higher, so I feel like I look much bigger than I did with Katelynn. He also moves a crazy amount. Most likely, we will have my c section scheduled for the end of February. Wowzers


Lump Lump

Man, I really wanted to write this blog to talk about my sweet, easy pregnancy. WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? Katelynn just decided to take over and steal the show. The last few weeks have been frustrating and difficult, but still incredibly blessed.

Adam and I are going to share our story of the tornado times with our Sunday School class in January. We were talking about how this journey parallels that one in so many ways. Me pregnant, so many unknowns, so much stress.... but God has been GOOD to us. We have been supported, prayed over, carried and loved. And He is good.

Katelynn recovered from surgery well, and we took her off her antibiotic to give her little body a break. Then her face puffed up like crazy. We went to the doctor, and two days later her little face was twice the size. Right as our doctor left town. It was hard. the bacteria she has is very rare, and not a whole lot is known other than it's not contagious, not life threatening, and recovery is a really really long annoying process. When animals abscess and swell like that, the normal treatment is to open it up, let it drain and then heal from the inside out. That is his normal course of action as well, however, his consults were saying the new treatment is to leave the swelling, let her body fight it over time. We agreed to keep watching it and do surgery Christmas Eve if it continued to progress. We put her back on antibiotics and we all prayed nonstop. Surgery isn't the end of the world, however, putting someone so small back under, messing with that nerve area again, and having to leave it open.... all things we didn't want to do unless we had to. The antibiotics are slowly bringing the swelling down and for now we are in a good place! Our apt today went great. He felt the lump, said he's comfortable continuing the way we are going, and we will keep watching it. He encouraged me again that this is going to be a very long road, and as much as we all want it fixed tomorrow, all the consults and experts say ride it out. I took some adorable Christmas pictures of Kate under the tree and just cried over the swelling. However, I am so thankful she is small enough not to remember, and I'm beyond thankful that it's starting to decrease.

We will continue this weird journey, no matter what comes next, and I'm so thankful we might be at a point where I can just be pregnant for a while.

You know in the movies about plagues they usually do a flashback to how the virus was initially spread? I wish we had something like that to tell us how she contracted this. Maybe i'll ask God Someday.

So today, the day before Christmas, I finally took a deep breath and am excited to celebrate with our friends and family. We are so so blessed. I cannot even list all the ways.

Who knows....












0 comments: