Tuesday, September 30, 2014

oh BOY!

Week 18.

This past Thursday, I woke up and decided I wanted to know the gender. My crazy awesome husband who goes along with my weird urgings was game... we were able to get an apt the next day at a local ultrasound studio. The cost was not very much and we got 15 minutes to see the baby. I was supposed to drink a sugary drink 15 min before the ultrasound... and of course I forgot and drank coffee that morning (which I don't do often). That poor kid was awake all morning, then sound asleep for the ultrasound. :( The wonderful tech moved him around until we were able to see the "parts". It's a BOY!. We were so thankful either way, but we'd be completely lying if we said we weren't hoping for a boy. I have always wanted to have a son as my little buddy, and I love the bond I have with my little brother. I'm looking forward to Katelynn having a similar bond with Luke. It was a fun experience watching him move around and smile. He looked like a little alien. I'd love to include a picture.... buuut I have no idea what I did with the cd. (shocker)

We had so much fun and it was more fun because Mandy came with us! After the ultrasound Mandy and I got lunch, then went shopping. She bought Luke his first shirt. I keep calling his clothes "outfits" and Adam keeps saying boys don't wear outfits. I don't get it, but whatever.


18 weeks. I'm huge!


 

 Babygirl:

Katelynn has been feeling better and back to her old antics. I love everyday watching her relationship with her daddy grow. She thinks he is so funny and will follow him anywhere. She loves to say Dada, even when it's completely appropriate to say Momma. They take silly videos together and giggle at the dogs. They water the plants together and cuddle during football time. She gives huge smiles when she sees him in the morning and starts clapping when she knows he's coming. I can't wait to watch this bond grow. I love my little family so much








0 comments: