What a week.... I look back and just shake my head. ha. I have had so many emotional hormone swings this week, and I can tell they are just going crazy. My emotions have been up and down, I am very tired and nausea started a few days ago. I keep trying to just give thanks and remember this will pass. I don't remember struggling as much last time, but Adam reminded me that the hormones were difficult in the beginning.
I have my trusty zofran, and i've been able to control the nausea for the most part by my diet. I'm avoiding dairy (for the most part) and whatever my stomach doesn't like. I'm hoping it does not get too severe, this level is manageable, it just makes me tired.
I'm very excited to be here, however, we spend a lot of time thinking about what Katelynn will be like at 17 months and how different our life will be with two little ones. It's crazy to me that people have babies even closer together! Adam and I are very blessed with an easy baby, so we are praying #2 doesn't take it too hard on us!
Speaking of that.... I said my entire first pregnancy it surprised me how hard other WOMEN are on you when you are pregnant. Men are so nice, and thoughtful... women feel like they can say anything. I have so many stories of my first pregnancy, but here is my list so far of the weird things people say when they find out we are expecting again.
1. Already? You know how that happens right? (uhhh.... huh? Yes, we are very well versed in how to make a baby. And, they aren't even THAT close together)
2. You know there's no way your 2nd baby will be this good. (Eesh, thanks for stressing us out that the 2nd one will be a terror) haha
People's opinions have never bothered me.... but it does make me laugh what some people are comfortable saying.
Now off to that well behaved one....
Her first 4th of July! She swam and squeeled and loved it. She slept through all the fireworks and partied so hard. I would say the whole weekend was a huge success and she loved every minute. Of course she was so so tired by the time we hit yesterday. (Me too... let's be real)
Monday, July 7, 2014
Holy Hormones!
She is currently working on her two front, top teeth. Poor thing is just miserable. Which, for her, means she is whiny and just grumpy. She wants to be held a lot and grabs her mouth. We try to keep her occupied and it seems to help She loves to sit outside and watch her daddy water the plants, and watch the dogs run around.
She also got to see her little friend Evey this weekend. They love to play. Everytime Evey sees her she yells "KATE"! and Katelynn flaps her arms and squeels. I'm so thankful God brought Adam and close friend who also has a daughter and can play with baby girl.
Posted by Christina at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment