Monday, June 30, 2014

Big Mouth Bivins

So.... Many families take it slow telling family and friends about pregnancies. We literally tell everyone. We think about keeping it close, but we get so excited and word vomit! We are still not telling the "world" (facebook), however so many other people know.

I've gotten so many reactions when people find out we are barely along. Some reactions are horror that i'm telling them so early. I'm very torn by that reaction.... on one hand, I think they are concerned and don't want me to be sad to share if somehting happens with the pregnancy.... on the other, it frustrates me. We are only telling people we'd be comfortable sharing with if something happened. And, I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, or hidden. Everyone is different I guess.

I've been feeling tired still, but my workouts have been helping. I'm SO determined to be healthier this pregnancy (Read: not gain a million pounds). I've been feeling so so different. Dairy has made me sick, and bacon... oddly. However. I have MAJOR cravings for hot sauce. I want it on everything. Which is so random, becuase I never eat it. Also, I have heartburn. I've also never had that in my life. All these things point to a very different pregnancy..... HOPEFULLY!

I celebrated my 30th birthday this weekend. It was low key and super fun. I keep telling everyone 30 is the new 20!


Now on to Kate-face

Teeth. God forsaken Teeth. Her top tooth has been bulging this past week, I swear it's going to break through at any moment. She hasn't been unbearable, but just generally fussy. She's only fussy with us (oh joy), but she only wants us near her.... I complained about it till bedtime and she let me rock her to sleep!!! She never does that. I didn't want to put her down. Here are the pics of her announcing to the family. She was way more excited about the straws. Shout out to Mandy who bought us the cute shirt!




0 comments: