Week 37
Welp, I've been a blogger failure. Each week I have been meaning to do it, and other things have happened. Mainly just getting big carrying a baby. The pregnancy continues to progress normally and heathily. I'm so thankful for that! I definately feel like I have a large human inside of me. I am starting to struggle sleeping, I get my waddle on a lot, and by the end of the day most things hurt. However, he appears to be right on track! I don't get any progression checked (since I will have a c section) and no ultrasound to determine size. We are flying blind! Adam and I really feel like he's larger than Katelynn, but there's obviously no true measure.We are scheduled for a c-section on Feb 24th at 7am. The doctor says if I go in to labor before we will just take him, however, neither Adam nor I think that will happen. 14 more days!
A few weeks ago, the best friends ever threw us a baby shower to celebrate Luke. It was baseball themed, and literally could not have been more perfect. It was so fun to see our friends and to share the exitement with everyone! We also were able to keep some of the decor for his nursery.
Adam has been on me about finding more margin in my days, and this past weekend I spent some time with my horse. It's so hard not to feel guilty when you are a working mom about taking precious minutes away from your babies. But, I'm learning more and more it's SO important for me. I have amazing friends, and a Bible study that I'm so involved in where we meet while our babies are asleep. But, taking that alone time and just recharging has been awesome. Now to keep it up....
Stink stink
Man- what a busy little human! Katelynn is EVERYWHERE and into everything. She rearranges anything she can get her hands on and LOVES to "help". She got an ear infection a few weeks ago, and her and mommy were sick at the same time. During that time she was on 2 antibiotics, but handled it like a champ. She is saying Momma, Dadda, uhoh, ohhhh, dog, banana, tickle-tickle, dankuu (thank you), baaaa (ball). She can tell you where your and her ears, eyes, nose and mouth are. She can sign "more", which she uses any time she wants something. She gives me kisses when I ask... Unless she's not in the mood and she licks me in the mouth. She can tell you what a dog and bear say, and can nod yes and no.... and still refuses to walk unassisted haha. She loves to climb anything she can find, she loves to bounce right on my belly and if she wants you to do something she will grab your hand and make you do it. If you tell her it's time to go bye bye she will start waving at you and go to the door. You better be ready! Or, she will come and FIND you and make sure you know it was time to go.
She has at least 12 teeth, she is getting more somewhere, but it's very dangerous for me to check anymore, so I don't. On the medical front- her face is finally starting to heal. We are really excited. I can see her little jaw line again! The abscess has moved under her chin more, but the incision is finally smaller and the swelling has subsided. We are currently on 1/2 of our previous antibiotics dose, and will probably attempt to cycle off again soon. She has not shown any additional swelling to show that the bacteria spread before we removed it, we continue to pray that she gets off meds fully and that she doesn't have any additional affected nodes.





0 comments:
Post a Comment